Friday, 27 July 2012
PRICING AND STOCK ANALYST.
Main Purpose of Job:
To purchase material and equipment required at optimum quality and price in order to meet operational and customer requirements.
Perform strategic products market pricing and advise management accordingly.
Constantly analyse the inventory levels and movements and feedback to management to ensure availability as required.
· Negotiate the purchase of materials and equipment required, ensuring that these meet specifications and can be delivered at the correct time and the most favourable prices.
· Monitor purchase orders to ensure that these are modified to meet changes in requirements.
· Maintain up-to-date list of contractors and pricing arrangements to ensure that the company enjoys favourable terms.
· Monitor the performance of suppliers and products to ensure that they meet the required standards.
· Maintain an awareness of quantities of stocks of material and equipment to ensure that shortages are avoided.
· Monitor actual previous day sales in order to identify and report all sales below margins.
· Carry out regular stock checks to ensure that optimal suppliers are maintained.
· Maintain contact with relevant departments to ensure that stock items and stock levels are appropriate to their requirements.
· Check overseas prices for unreasonably high price adjustments
· Check warranty prices on an on-going basis.
· Report any significant supply problems to ensure that the department are kept aware on any potential problems.
· Manage dead and slow moving stock and report same.
· Perform research into competitor’s products and advise on emerging trends.
· Identity strategic products and benchmark against the market in terms of price and availability.
· Perform an on-going price monitoring exercise and determine trends and recommend adjustments where necessary.
· Advise company on any significant price movement on critical/strategic parts.
· Develop special price strategy.
· Recommend counter price strategies to management.
· Advise management on new products in the market.
· Perform inventory management on shocks and clutches products stock and back-orders on a bi-weekly basis.
· Monitor all shipments for the optimization of sea and air freights modes.
Experience and Qualifications:
Post Matric qualification
Knowledge of the automotive industry
Knowledge of the automotive parts industry
Meticulous by nature
Good analytical skills
Good communication skills
Inventory management skills
Ability to work unsupervised
Knowledge of Navision system – an advantage
Basic Salary R20,000.00 – R25,000.00 depending on experience and qualifications. Plus all the benefits associated with a blue chip company.
Contact: Mr. Nhlanhla Sibiya
Tel: 011 974 9308
Cell: 076 300 8918